Hotel Holiday Sarajevo - The Olympic Hotel, is the Sarajevo '84 Winter Olympics Rush - RE-WINDED live from Sarajevo official venue partner and will host the venue in it's Neretva saloon, located at the ground floor, left of the main lobby and bar.
The colorful post modernistic hotel, originally opened as Holiday Inn Sarajevo, is built for the Sarajevo '84 Winter Olympics, and still has the Olympic logo engraved in the concrete pillars at the entrance. It is designed by the celebrated Bosnian architect Ivan Straus, who also designed the new terminal at Sarajevo International Airport for the Sarajevo '84 Winter Olympics.
vACCBiH has on purpose chosen Hotel Holiday Sarajevo for the venue, as it has it all: The spirit of the Sarajevo '84 Winter Olympics, reference to the Sarajevo International Airport, the necessary infrastructure, great restaurant and cozy atmosphere, and a 30 years experienced staff, who have been a great support for the event.
The events control center is located in the 100 sq meters quadratic Neretva saloon, at the ground floor, left of the main lobby and bar, windows facing out to the Hotel Holiday Sarajevo entrance and parking and a bathroom just across the entrance in the pillar.
It is a excellent choice, as it is for visitors easy to reach, it can fit up to 50 guests at once, still having comfort, and the quadratic form fits excellent the requested table layout.
The table layout is having roots in the Sarajevo '84 Winter Olympics as well, as it is illustrating the official Sarajevo '84 Winter Olympics logo.
It is very functional, as each of the 4 u-forms are if needed creating individual control centers for a airport and making direct handoffs easier, using printed flight strips
But if necessary, at each table, there can sit even up to 3 ATCos next to each other and one ATCo across, most relevant the CTR ATCo, so all CTR ATCos can handoff both to the airports and to each other directly.
Beside it, we will have a pilots positions row, and a practical row with minibar, wardrobe and TV-screens showing live broadcast from Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, event arrivals and departures list, radar image and 3D image from the virtual Sarajevo Airport.
And in two of the corners, we will have chat corners, with a little round table and Aerosvijet aviation magazines to read.
Participation through firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation is free as long you cover the random costs such as transport, accommodation and food/beverages. Personal computer is recommended, advise if not having one.
Franz Ferdinand Hostel Sarajevo, is the Sarajevo '84 Winter Olympics Rush - RE-WINDED live from Sarajevo official accommodation partner, and all the teams will stay there.
The hostel is located in the very city center of Sarajevo, in a charming building, built in the Austro-Hungarian period, where young architects and designers refurbished the space and shaped a hostel that tells you a story of the event that initiated the First World War and forever marked Sarajevo on the map of the world – the assassination of the Austro-Hungarian archduke and Royal Prince Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie. It has cheap prices including breakfast, bedsheets and WIFI, so is really worth visiting and the staff is amazing.
Bookings through email@example.com
Prices upon request, depending of room category and availability.
The red thread
2014 is the 30th anniversary of the Sarajevo '84 Winter Olympics but also the 100th anniversary of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand by Gavrilo Princip, the spark that lit the fuse of World War One.
ProgramFriday, February 7th 2014:
- 1400 CET: Check in at Franz Ferdinand Hostel Sarajevo.
- 2300 CET: We meet Hotel Holiday Sarajevo for introduction.
- 0630 CET: Breakfast at Franz Ferdinand Hostel Sarajevo.
- 0730 CET: We meet at Hotel Holiday Sarajevo, Neretva saloon, for the event.
- 0800 CET: The event opens with a welcome speech from vACCBiH.
- In between: Presentations, socializing, lunch and dinner breaks during the day.
- 2300 CET: The event closes with a speech from vACCBiH.
- 2330 CET: Afterparty in the city centre.
- 0830 CET: Breakfast at Franz Ferdinand Hostel Sarajevo.
- 0900 CET: Checkout at Franz Ferdinand Hostel Sarajevo.
- 0930 CET: We meet at Sarajevo International Airport in front of the Border Police Station.
- 1000 CET: We start our educational trip at Sarajevo International Airport and Sarajevo ATC/FEDCAD (ID needed).
- 1300 CET: We eat lunch at the airports restaurant in the old terminal (ID needed).
- 1400 CET: We drive towards Bjelasnica or Jahorina for skiing and socializing.
- 1430 CET: Ski rent (upon agreement) at Bjelasnica.
- 1730 CET: Farewell toast & speech from vACCBiH.
- 1800 CET: The program ends.
Participation through firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation is free as long you cover the random costs such as transport, accommodation, food/beverages and ski rent. Personal computer is recommended, advise if not having one.
Note that ID is needed to participate in the airport program, and ID information must be sent not later then February 1st 1800z!
Aerosvijet, the Croatian aviation magazine is the Sarajevo '84 Winter Olympics Rush - RE-WINDED live from Sarajevo official media partner, but the event will also be covered by other media.
Send texts and pictures to email@example.com and you could be famous in the local aviation magazine.